Prelude: As we were going out to the car to leave for play school little X was messing around and I had to keep telling him to get into the car and into his seat. Of course he didn't listen to me, which seems to be a Barrus trait. I closed the passenger side front door in order to grab X and put him in the car, when all of a sudden I hear X let out a loud wail, and then start crying in pain. He had put his fingers in the door jam as I was closing the door (and believe me I am cringing the whole time I'm writing this). His 3 middle fingers had gotten caught, and the middle one was bleeding under the nail. I kept apologizing, "Mommy is so so so sorry! It was an accident!", "No it wasn't, you did it on purpose!" Oh my god! That just about killed me right there! I thought I was going to start crying along with him. 10 min. later and 3 bandaids on his hand and he was set to go to play school. **Update- As of this afternoon, there is no blood under the nails, and he says that it doesn't hurt at all.
I dropped the boys off at 9 am so they would make it in time for breakfast, because if you know anything about my boys, you know the quickest way tot heir happiness is through their bellies! I figure if they were eating, they wouldn't notice me leave. I didn't realize how right I would turn out to be! They didn't fuss a single bit when I left.... It was almost hurtful!? Sick, right?! I headed off to the grocery store feeling sick to my stomach thinking about them finally realizing that I had left them there, and then they'd get upset about it. It took about 90 min. at the commissary, before I was able to call CYS to check on the boys. They reported back to me that Little L had been crying for about 5 min. or so because he was made to come inside from playing since outside time was over. They assured me he'd calm down, and when I called back 30 min. later he had. I ended up having a nice lunch of sushi at Sams office, and then headed to pick the boys up around 1. X's report was that he had nap time issues, which isn't surprising since he had nap time issues at home as well. From all I gather though, he seems to have done well other then that. Little L's report had been that he had melt downs on and off throughout the day, but had done relatively well. So well in fact that when I went to pick him up he was asleep one of the cots. His teacher told me she had rocked him to sleep, which is amazing since its hard for me to get him to sleep that way sometimes! X made an art project today, he says its a flower..... Sure, I see it! Don't you??
What a beautiful art project, I totally see it! As for the feeling hurt that they don't notice, I felt the same way when Hailey finally stopped crying when I used to leave her -- funny how you don't want them to cry b/c you feel bad leaving and yet if they don't cry you're hurt :) Looks like hourly care was a success, I told you it's not so bad :) You and them will learn to love it soon!!
ReplyDeleteSo how did they like CYS?? I signed Madison and Logan up last summer and never used it, besides when we went on the marriage retreat.
ReplyDeleteYeah Barrus Boys! So glad it was a success :) You're more than welcome to stop by anytime for a work picnic...where else are you going to have such enlightening conversations about elephants, donkeys, and listen to Joanna laugh like a hyena!
ReplyDelete