Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I'm a big boy now!



So I've kind of been slacking on the blogging, but lately it seems like there hasn't been much to say. The boys have been sick off and on for about 2 and a half weeks now. It started with strep, moved on to X puking all night long, the next night it was Little L, followed by poor mommy 2 nights later! UGH! That was a rough 4 days! Now X has a cough, that could very well turn into an ear infection. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though!
On a brighter note, X started preschool today! I was so excited, and he was too! It's only 2 days a week, 3 hours a day, but better then nothing!!! We were all up bright and early this morning, and were ready on time, which has been a feat lately! Unfortunately a good day quickly faded when X and Little L weren't allowed to pick out their own shoes. X was not happy about having to wear his Tigger shoes, although I'm not sure how he could possibly hate them, they are probably the most adorable shoes I've ever seen in my entire life! Hm.... Maybe I'm starting to get it.... NAH!
After quite a bit of crying from both boys, and some not so subtle hints that I would cause them both serious bodily harm if they didn't shut their mouths..... No! I didn't do that! Ok.... Yes, I did! It wasn't like it wasn't asked for though! We got to school on time, which was amazing, and X had absolutely no qualms about heading right into his class room, not even bothering with a goodbye Mommy, even when I insisted! BOYS!
We got our pictures in, and then headed out. Little L was not happy about the idea of leaving X behind, but wasn't about to let go of his death grip on my fingers! Little L whined and cried about leaving X the whole way out to the car, until we got in and I asked him if he wanted a book and informed him that he could have them all since X wasn't in the car. Instant smile!





Little L saying his goodbyes to X, though X wasn't all to pleased with having to take a picture with him. Good thing I've raised such a good little actor!





X even got to make an art project in school today. He said, "It means I love you", I said, "Who loves you?", X said, "Um..... *Little L* loves me!" Awwww, how cute?! A few hours after we got home, Little L lovingly destroyed the hand that X made, I can only assume that X is not so in love with Little L at this point anymore!

2 comments:

  1. You seem to have left an important part of the story out...let me elaborate:
    Luckily my wonderful friend Sam was there to bathe Liam TWICE after he puked (and pooped) and then had the brilliant idea to roll up the puke stained rug, drag it out and throw it away in the dumpster conveniently located across the street. Trying to be the bestest friend she could be, she put her own health aside to assist only to be caught in the same position when 2 days later her own little princess puked EVERYWHERE!! But that's okay because Super-Sam, as she is commonly known amongst the moms (in her head), handled it like a champ...just another day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no, your right! Of course I lef that part out! What was I thinking?! You are of course part of the crazy Barrus bonanaza, and there fore should be included in if not all, at least 80% of my post stories!!! :)

    ReplyDelete